Dogs need to eat quality foods that provide them with the nutrients they need to have energy and vitality and the maintenance they need to enjoy excellent health. Appropriate pet food will prevent you from suffering from derivative diseases such as obesity or problems related to cardiac circulation, among others.
Nowadays, it is easy to access a large number and variety of foods designed and prepared specifically for dogs, thanks to the convenience of online shopping.
Of course, you must always have the advice and support of the veterinarian since each breed, depending on its different characteristics, age, sex, and size, among other aspects, will require more specific diets.
Remember that this will depend on how your dog is fed for better or worse quality and life expectancy.
How to choose the best food for your dog?
Quality dog food
Adopters need to know to provide proper nutrition to their best friend. The mistake many makes is to base their dog’s happiness on eating what they are offered.
However, if they don’t get the right ingredients and amount, they will develop serious deficiencies that will lead to serious long-term problems. In short, even if the dog savors his bowl every day, he still needs to eat what he needs.
Remember that the adopter’s responsibility is to guarantee him the best possible food, so he always has a healthy and happy life. In your daily diet, your pet’s food must contain the following elements:
- Protein (chicken, turkey, beef, lamb, others).
- Vitamins and minerals.
- Water in a fair proportion according to the specific needs of each one.
- Vegetable fats and animal fats.
Reaching this point of balance is challenging for many adopters, so specialist food manufacturers have invested years of research in obtaining the most effective combinations for each breed and their stages of development.
Likewise, it is essential to know what your diet should not contain:
- Artificial colors.
- Cereals with gluten: if you want to bet on cereals that are always rice.
- Toxic chemicals, such as propylene glycol.
- Derived from soy, wheat, or corn.
How to Choose the Best Food for Your Dog?
The labels are there for a reason, to show adopters a list of what their dog will get from a particular food. This way, it will be easier to compare the different options on the market and their composition.
It is essential to mention that the labels are a document regulated by the AAFCO, American Association of Food Control Officials.
- The first step is to know that the ingredients are the substances that contain the nutrients and nutritional information; they are the essential components that protect the health of the dog.
- The label must indicate the composition, consisting of the list of all the ingredients in the food. This helps determine if you have any counterproductive for the breed’s characteristics or your particular dog, as directed by your doctor.
- Ingredients are listed and ordered by weight, descending.
- Then there are the different additives such as, for example, flavorings, colorings, and preservatives, among others.
- Labels must also indicate the amount of fat, protein, and fiber.
These days, the most comfortable way to read labels, find a quality meal, and make a purchase is, without a doubt, to buy online.