Today I want to bring you one Vegetarian Treats Recipe for Dogs so you can give your dog educational tricks while teaching him. As always, this a simple, healthy and natural recipe, without preservatives, colorings or additives. And most importantly: delicious for your dog. Today’s recipe is spinach, zucchini and carrot rewards. Dark!
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (add more if needed)
- 1 peeled and grated carrot
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped spinach
Vegetarian Treats Recipe for Dogs
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Place parchment paper on the baking sheet, so the prizes don’t stick to you.
- In a bowl, beat the pumpkin that you have previously beaten, the peanut butter and the eggs by hand or electrically with a chopstick until you obtain a homogeneous mixture. Beating with rods will allow it to be beaten, leaving larger chunks.
- Gradually add rolled oats and two and a half cups of wholemeal flour, beating slowly. Add more flour to the mixture until you notice that the dough is not sticky.
- When you check that the dough is no longer sticky, add the carrot, zucchini and spinach and continue beating until everything is well incorporated.
- On the counter, make a little flour to work the dough. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin and leave the dough about 2cm thick.
- Use cookie cutters to shape the prizes: in the shape of a bone, in the shape of a footprint, in the shape of a heart… Choose the shape that you like the most!
- Place the prizes on the parchment paper in the tray, lower the temperature to about 180 degrees and bake until the edges are golden brown. It will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Let the prices cool, and let your fur enjoy!
Healthy prizes that you will love and that will feed you too. Remember that when you give your dog treats, you should reduce the food you give him during the main feedings. We want to feed, not fatten!